As a model to the upcoming interventions, and as a test phase, seven initiatives were identified in different states. These centrally monitored projects will supplement the list of action items already taken up with various agencies during 2015-16 (Phase Zero).
- Master Trainers Development Programme – Bangalore and Delhi
- Literacy Program (Full Literacy in 25 Villages) – Bihar
- Poverty Eradication Drive (Women – Self Help Group Cluster) – Uttar Pradesh
- Finishing School – Rajasthan
- D-Voter Issue: Legal Support System – Assam
- Drinking Water Supply Project – West Bengal
- Sanitation Scheme (Providing Toilets) – Tamil Nadu
In addition to the seven Pilot Projects, another nation-wide Project, viz, IMDAD also was declared and launched on 15th August 2018 in Chennai.
Each one of these projects falls in six different Focus Areas and are identified based on the developmental priority and potential for empowerment. They are identified in such a way that once successful, it can be copied elsewhere, and a snowballing effect can be created to multiply the impact. Discussions were held with various organisations and agencies who expressed their willingness to partner with these pilot projects.